Link of the Week #14

|

Hello readers! We had the great privilege of worshiping with the saints at Bethel OPC in Broomfield, Colorado last week. We heard part two in a series that the Pastor (Rev. Greg Thurston) is beginning on the prophets. Needless to say I've gone back and listened to part one as well and both sermons were excellent. The prophets are probably the most neglected portion of Scripture and sadly even many mature Christians know next to nothing about them. Yet the truths contained in these 16 books are as relevant to the church today as any of the Pauline epistles. As Christians who wish to proclaim (and receive) the "whole counsel of God" we cannot afford to ignore these books any longer. Let me encourage you to subscribe to the podcast so that you can grow in your knowledge of and appreciation for, this wonderful portion of Scripture!

To listen to this week's link go here.

1 Comentário:

Rebekah said...

I know at least in MY Bible reading I have neglected the prophets. Except in Daniel, Jonah and Isaiah, I tend to "skim" over the passages...when I read them. I was very convicted by Pastor Thurston this past week when he said that. I, personally, am looking forward to the next couple years, as he leads us in a study of them, for once I understand what they are trying to teach, and how they apply, I am sure I will grow to love them more, as I ought. Thanks for the weekly links. They are a great idea. I have been enjoying them.

~Rebekah

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Frankly Speaking | Template Blue by TNB